McCarthy Middle School Hours: 8:20 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Early Release Days: 8:20 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Students are allowed in school before 8:00 a.m. if they have an appointment with a teacher. When students arrive before 8:00 a.m., they must sign in at the main office.
After School Clubs:
Students with an activities card may attend clubs and activities. Late buses leave at 3:30 p.m.
In the event that a late start must be called, the delay will be 2 hours.
Students need to possess and show their bus pass to ride their assigned school bus. That is true for students who are required to pay and those who are not. Students will not be allowed to ride the bus without their specific bus pass. Students who have not received a bus pass (or have lost it), contact the Office of Transportation immediately at:
- T: 978-251-5100, ext. 6942.
- E: email@example.com
Pick-up and drop off is on the tennis court/police department side of McCarthy Middle School.
- Arrival Time: Arrival time for students at the McCarthy Middle School is 8:10 a.m. There is no supervision for students before that time. Daycare is available before school at the Parker Middle School by contacting Community Education at:
- T: (978) 251-5151
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your child has a before school appointment with a staff member earlier than 8:10 a.m., he/she must come through the front door and sign in at the office.
- Drop-Off: Students should be dropped off on the Chelmsford Police station side of McCarthy Middle School. Have your child packed up and ready to exit your vehicle on the passenger/sidewalk side. Your child can exit your car at any point between the small gym and the door across from the police station to keep traffic moving. The door next to the library (not visible from the drop-off road) is also open in the mornings. There are no drop-offs on the administration (left) side of McCarthy as no one should be entering through the side door of the administration wing at any time.
- Pick-Up: Pick-up at the end of the school day (2:30) takes place in the parking lot near the tennis courts/football field. Please note that busses block the driveway next to the school next to the police station during dismissal. Parents arriving near or after 2:30 p.m., will probably have to enter the pick-up area using the entrance on Old Westford Road. For children’s safety, please back into a parking spot before the dismissal time as it is much safer pulling forward out of a parking spot once school is dismissed.
Thanks for keeping our children safe.
McCarthy Middle School
250 North Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824