About the C. Edith McCarthy Middle School
Welcome to the C. Edith McCarthy Middle School! McCarthy is one of two middle schools in Chelmsford. McCarthy is one of the largest middle schools in the Merrimack Valley providing education for about 850 students from grades 5-8. Our Core Values are:
- Our staff is committed to creating a learning environment in which all students feel safe and secure and are able to reach their fullest academic and social potential.
- We believe our school community has the capacity to thrive academically, socially, physically and emotionally in a safe and nurturing environment where trust and respect are valued.
- We believe learning is a continuous process that must be meaningful and encourage growth through creative thinking, collaboration, communication, inquiry, problem-solving and self-reflection.
- We believe students, parents, teachers, staff and community members must work cooperatively and be held accountable for setting high standards that ensure students’ learning and growth.
- We believe in a school community that works collaboratively to develop knowledgeable, contributing and respectful citizens.